The DESK will quickly learn and apply your methods, styles, and inhouse processes to...
• Design a book interior template to coordinate with provided cover design
• Set up master pages, styles, tags, etc.
• Typeset said book interior (non-fiction, fiction, devotional, study guide, reference book, Bible...) with
call outs, images, graphs, charts, footnotes, endnotes, appendices, and/or indexes
• Input corrections/edits with accuracy and speed, returning updated PDFs through all rounds of editorial
• Respond with integrity, comprehension, and timeliness
• Convert the book interior to ebook formats
The DESK can also...
• Typeset using a previous or provided template to save resources
• Help with a rush project and work overtime to get it done
• Enter corrections into your documents
• Re-type, transcribe, scan, and/or organize hard copies in cases of missing original files
• Create master pages, set up all the styles, lay out the text and format everything—including tables,
graphs, call outs, place images . . .
• Input corrections: second round, third round, until it’s ready for your client
• Typeset all or part of those long complex books or documents using your design
• Apply and monitor client styles and procedures
... all, so you can just design.
If you’re a self-publisher, The DESK will facilitate your book publishing experience in any way you need, including the following:
• Design a simple book cover at a reasonable price
• Design a book interior to coordinate with your cover design (from us or another cover designer)
• Create your book in ebook form
The DESK will:
• Typeset your book interior at a reasonable per-page rate
• Input your corrections with accuracy and speed
• Respond to any request or question with integrity and timeliness
• Provide complete and print-ready files that can be presented with pride in the
professional publishing industry
The DESK can also:
• Provide referrals for editors, copy editors, other professional cover designers, and printers
• Help with copyright information, ISBN number, bar code, and library of congress procedures
• Organize and style a book or document
• Proof a book or document and point out anything you might have missed
The DESK is an extra set of eyes. We catch goofs others don’t.
The DESK owns and uses The Chicago Manual of Style
The DESK understands terms like:
parsing, style tags, first pages, final proofs, off-press, vanity publishing, page count, trim size, bleeds, page signature, ISBN number, library of congress info, cip page, cross-promos, substantive editing, copy edit, twinning, gutters, managing editor, branding standards
The DESK reads and speaks copy edit language!